1 – Types of Information We Collect
When you use the Services, we may collect Information in the following categories:
- “Personal Information”, which means information that identifies you (whether directly or indirectly), such as your name, postal address, email address and telephone number.
- “Non-Personal Information”, which means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, you. If Non-Personal Information is directly or indirectly associated with Personal Information, this Non-Personal Information is then treated as Personal Information.
Information we may collect about you includes:
- Information you provide when you access or use the Services and each time you interact with the Services or otherwise with us, for example, when you provide us with feedback or contact us with a question or comment.
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your IP address or device identifier when you use the Services. If you access your account from a mobile device, that mobile device may also provide us with details of your location. Most mobile devices allow you to disable this functionality.
- Information we receive about you from third parties. For example, if you access the Services through a third party platform or log-in, we may also collect your email address and other Information associated with that third party, and any Information you have made public in connection with that service or which the third party shares with partner services. See also Section 6 “THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND LINKS” below.
2 – How We Collect Your Information
- We collect Information you provide to us when you register with us; input Information into the Services; create user generated content; request products, services, or information from us; email us; or otherwise interact with us or the Services.
- We collect Information through unique identifiers (such as your IP address or your mobile device advertising identifier).
- Strictly necessary cookies – These cookies are essential in order to enable you to navigate and use the Services. Without these cookies, the Services you have asked for, like security or e-billing, cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies – These cookies collect Information about how you use the Services. These cookies do not collect Personal Information and are only used to improve how the Services work.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies allow the Services to remember choices you make, such as your preferences, to provide enhanced and more personal features.
- Online Tracking : Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. Distrimar Inc. and the Services do not recognize DNT.
3 – Use of Your Information by Distrimar
The ways in which we may use your Information include the following:
- To provide you with the Services and other products and services you request.
- To administer your Distrimar Inc. account.
- To communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you details or updates about features of the Services or changes to our policies.
- To process payments.
- To create anonymized and aggregated data sets that may be used for a variety of functions, including research, internal analysis, analytics, or other functions.
- To ensure consistency with local law and choices and controls that may be available to you.
- To personalize content and experiences and advertising.
- To detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- To optimize or improve the content, products, services, and features of the Services.
- To personalize and improve the Services and user experiences, to increase the functionality and user friendliness of the Services, and to deliver content or features that match user profiles or interests.
- To monitor and analyze the Services usage and trends and otherwise measure the effectiveness of the Services.
- To send you offers and promotions for our other services provided you have consented to receive these. Such communications may come from Distrimar Inc. or may come from our marketing services provider.
4 – Sharing Your Information With Other Companies
We will not share your Personal Information outside Distrimar Inc. except in the following limited circumstances, which you consent to:
- In connection with the sale of a business (including merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a material portion of its assets, change in corporate control, or insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings).
- To enforce our Terms of Service or rules, to ensure the safety and security of our users and third parties, to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of our users and third parties, to comply with legal process, including judicial warrant, rule, order or subpoena or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law or regulation. In addition, we may share Non-Personal Information and anonymized and aggregated data sets with third parties, alone or in combination with the Non-Personal Information of other users.
5 – Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your Information. Your controls and choices may include:
- You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services.
- You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your Personal Information, by modifying your profile or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect Personal Information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific Personal Information about you that we process or retain, please contact us at email@example.com.
6 – Third Party Websites and Links
- Our Services may contain links to other sites or online platforms operated by third parties. We do not control such other sites or online platforms and are not responsible for their content, their privacy policies, or their use of your Personal Information. Our inclusion of such links does not, by itself, imply any endorsement of the content on such sites or platforms or of their owners or operators except as disclosed on the Services.
- Please keep in mind that Information you post on public or semi-public venues, including Information you share on third party social networking platforms (such as Facebook or Twitter) may also be viewable by other users of the Services and/or users of those third-party online platforms without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. When you provide Information to a third-party online platform, the Information you provide may be separately collected by that third-party. The Information the third-party online platform collects is subject to the third-party online platform’s privacy practices. Privacy choices you make on the third-party online platform will not apply to our use of the Information we collect directly through our Services. We expressly disclaim any and all liability for the actions of third parties, including but without limitation to actions relating to the use and/or disclosure of Personal Information by third parties.
7 – Children’s Privacy
- We do not seek or knowingly collect any Personal Information about children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years of age, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age who has provided us with Personal Information, you may contact us to request it be deleted.
8 – Data Security, Integrity and Retention
10 – Your Québec Privacy Rights
Distrimar.ca strictly adheres to the Protection of Personal Information in the Private Sector ACT as based on Articles 35 to 40 of the Civil Code of Québec in regard to the personal information of Web site visitors and clients.
11 – How to Contact Us
Any questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of Personal Information should be directed to Distrimar Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: January 18, 2021
By filling out this form, one of our consultants will be happy to contact you to answer your questions.